I'VE MOVED... SO, PLEASE JOIN ME AT MY NEW WEBSITE creationsbyar.com ~ Thank you, AR

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Two Awards and a BRAK

For three months I get to have a "sistah" assigned to me and during those three months she and I get to know each other and spoil each other. After reading her "Wish List" (she's a consultant with another stamp company), I found out that she wanted SU! papers and ribbons. Well, knowing what to give her for her birthday was a no brainer...duh!



To house the ribbons, I decided to decorate a round CD tin with DSP, stickers from Simply Scrappin', felt flowers and a brad with her initial in the center of the brad. Inside the tin I put one yard each of several colors of SU! ribbons.

For her birthday card, I made a pocket card by sealing a large envy and trimming off one side to create an opening. I decorated it with a band and placed her initial in the center with the help of Just Rite (a favorite of mine) and bordering it with nesties (another fave). To create the card which I slipped inside the pocket, I made a "sort-of" tag card -- it's a tag card, just not shaped like one at the top. My "sistah" wanted some stamps from Stamping Bella, so I put two of the ones she had on her wish list inside her card. Along with her tin of ribbons and card, I also sent her SU! papers in every color.

AWARD...
I was blessed twice this week. Heather, from Heather's Coffee Break, and Caroline, from Caro's Kaartjes, both presented me this week with the Brillante Weblog! Thanks you two! But you know what makes me feel more blessed than getting this award from these two ladies? My growing friendship with them has meant more to me than any kind of recognition or awards. It's because of this "blogsphere" that I was able to "meet" so many new friends. I often tell my husband how blessed I am to have these friendships with people I've never even met, from the other side of the world, even! OK...I pass this award on to:

Trisha
Diana
NMBS Group Blog (group with several talented ladies)

Here are a few rules attached to this award. They are:

  • The winner places the Brillante Weblog logo on their blog
  • Place the link from whom you received the award on your blog
  • Send this award to at least 7 other bloggers, who stand out by their actuality, themes and design
  • Place the links of these blogs on yours
  • Leave a message on the blogs of your choice, so they know they've won.

4 comments:

Courtney said...

these are gorgeous. I'm sure she's going to love them!

Congrats on your award!

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

OoO you make such pretty things!! I love them!!! Pretty bright colors :) Makes me happy:). She will so love it!
As for the award .. you are very welcome:) I agree .. I have been enjoying getting to know you and building on our friendship. You are so sweet! I am so blessed to have met you! HUGS!!!

Krista said...

This looks amazing Adela !

I've tagged your blog ! http://krista-kris.blogspot.com/2008/07/ive-been-tagged.html

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

HEy there. I added a comment under yours letting you know who made the paper and things. The puppy was by stamcraft and the paper was by My Minds Eye (MME??) I hope this helps. I could stamp you images if you want some?? :) and I some paper left over:) Just let me know:)