I'VE MOVED... SO, PLEASE JOIN ME AT MY NEW WEBSITE creationsbyar.com ~ Thank you, AR

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

One of a Kind Acetate

Embossing on acetate is not only tricky, but scary. I say "scary" because I'm always expecting it to warp, or worse, melt! But so far, I've been pretty lucky. The last time I embossed on acetate was on this bridal card I made several months ago and I remember how nervous I was every time I embossed the silhouette of that bride! That was my card for a swap group I belong to. I cringed every time I turned on that heat tool.

But this card I only had to make one of and it's for the HSC25 Acetate Challenge over at SCS's Hanna Forum. The rule is to use acetate on a card in any way. I'm also using this card for another challenge -- making a non-wedding card using the Bridal Hanna stamp set. I've taken the bouquet from the set to make an all occasion card.

Stamp: Bridal Hanna (Hanna Stamps), Tres Chic, One of a Kind
Paper: Blush Blossom, Mellow Moss, Whisper White, Acetate
Ink: Pitch Black (Adirondack), Craft Whisper White, Copic Markers
Acc: Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder, 1" Organdy Ribbon, Sticky Strip, Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots, Corner Rounder Punch, Oval Nestabilities (Spellbinder), Stickles (Ranger)

13 comments:

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

OH MY!!! This card is beyond beautiful!!! I love EVERYTHING it has to offer! you amaze me with every post! WOW Adela!! WOW!!!

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

Wow! I'm so envious at your skill with acetate! I totally stay away from it! This is gorgeous and I totally think you should win even without seeing any other entries!

Connie said...

Adela ... This is such a beautiful and elegant card! Thanks for sharing.

Jan Scholl said...

I have a whole box of laser acetate sheets. Gotta get my butt in gear and do something. This is so so pretty.

Alessandra Reyes said...

can you please tell us how you emboss on acetate. This is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I don't even have words for how pretty this card is...it's well beyond gorgeous!

Courtney said...

This is just breathtaking, girl.

Marilyn Goodrich said...

Absolutely STUNNING! :)

Anonymous said...

Truly Beauitful. TFS

Roz said...

This card is georgeous! Thanks for sharing.

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

in ref to the Coffee cup card: Of course you can! put mine to shame! lol!! :) I had the idea in my head .. but working on it at midnight probably isn't the best idea:) Have fun!

Lisa H. said...

this is just stunning! I love the sparkles and the acetate, everything just works together!

Kim's Life said...

The card is just beautiful!!! I love the way it sparkles! You did a terrific job with the embossing! Thanks for sharing!