I'VE MOVED... SO, PLEASE JOIN ME AT MY NEW WEBSITE creationsbyar.com ~ Thank you, AR

Thursday, August 14, 2008

You're the Best!!

I love lace -- as a matter of fact, I almost named one of my daughters Lacey, but my husband wouldn't go for it. Anyway, this lacey card is for a very special lady...she'll know who she is when she receives it in the mail. I feel so fortunate to have been able to get to "know" her (well, through the www, that is).

Here's a closeup of the roses. These roses are from the Sweet Celebrations stamp set from Hanna Stamps. I use these roses a lot in other projects. For this card, I wanted it to stand out, so after stamping it on card stock, I stamped only the bud portion again on a scrap piece, colored it, trimmed it and glued the bottom of the buds to the original stamped image. This gave it a 3-D effect.

When it was time to attach the lace border, I wanted to sew it in place, but it was already 3 a.m. and everyone was already asleep and I didn't want the sewing machine to wake anyone up. What to do? Dew Drops! Use mini glue dots to glue the lace down and to cover up the glue dots, put those pretty glass beads on top! Very pretty, practical and quiet.

Stamp: Sweet Celebrations, Everyday Sentiments (Hanna Stamps!)
Ink: Pitch Black (Adirondack), Copic Markers
Paper: Whisper White, Blush Blossom, BG Paper (Ann Griffin)
Acc: White 7/8" Organza Ribbon (SU!), Lace (JoAnn's), Nestability Ovals (Spellbinders), Rectangle Hand Punch, Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots, Carnation Dew Drops (Robins Nest)

Thank you for stopping by and please let me know what you think of this card. Thanks and have a wonderful blessed day!

7 comments:

Courtney said...

*gasp*

What else can I say about this card? *gasp*

I know about husbands vetoing your name choice for your child. I wanted to name Vivian "Vivian Rose" but Josh said "Why don't we just name her Petunia?" Ugh. Stinker. So we settled on "Vivian Nicole" instead of Rose.

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

I left you a comment! where did it go ???? ahhh!!! oh well.
This card is gorgeous. I love your style and I still don't know how you can make so many cards being just as lovely as the last. Always beautiful!!

My dd was going to be named Cierra Rayne. When we were actually told it was going to be a girl for sure... a memory came back of hte pastor praying for me and how he mentioned Hannah in the prayer. So .. that is how she became Hannah Margaret. :) ((M is a family name, Hannah is also but I didn't know that at the time)) Very sweet story:)

Leonie Schroder said...

Adela this is simply stunning and the lace just makes it! Good to see you back home & creating - I missed you!!

C. Sage Deerborn said...

I so wish that your email updates showed your photos. I almost missed this beautiful card. Great idea about glue dots and gems.

Niki Estes said...

Very pretty, Adela! I love the lace!

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

I love the card! I am a fellow lace lover and have to force myself not to use it all the time!

I left you a little something on my blog, so stop by when you get a chance!

x Lisa

Anonymous said...

Very pretty!