I'VE MOVED... SO, PLEASE JOIN ME AT MY NEW WEBSITE creationsbyar.com ~ Thank you, AR

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

2-n-1 Challenge and "Look at 'em Raks!"

This card started out as a design I was working on for the OCC Color Challenge (key word OCCC), using Pumpkin Pie, Ruby Red, Old Olive with Chocolate Chip as an optional color. Then I saw the SCS Faux Dry Embossing Technique Challenge (key word TLC183). I love that technique, so I decided to incorporate the two challenges together.

Stamp: Brocade Basic, Say It With Scallops
Ink: Whisper White Craft Ink, Ruby Red, Pumpkin Pie
Paper: Whisper White, Ruby Red, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Bali Breeze DSP
Acc: Stamp-a-Majig, Chocolate Chip Satin Ribbon, Square Scallop Punch, Distressing Tool, Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots, Dew Drops (Robin's Nest)

"NICE RAK" from Heather of Heather's Coffee Break
My sweet friend surprised me today with a package in the mail -- with one of the funniest card that I have ever seen! This girl is so amazingly talented and I knew it right away when I first visited her blog. Another thing that made me smile is the clear stamp that she included in the package. I'll make a card with it one day and post it... too funny, girl!!! Below are all the goodies in the package. Thank you so much, Heather!
















Introducing...My Bella Sistah, Katie of Paper Makeup

I was introduced to Katie thru Stamping Bella and today I received such a beautiful card from her and gorgeous ribbons, stamps, notebook, chalk and images of Bellas. Katie is expecting a baby boy any day now and I was so surprised that she even thought of sending this with all that's going on with having a baby. That's one of the things that makes her even more special. If you've ever visited her blog, you'll know what clean, crisp beautiful creations she makes. Thank you, Katie. Hope all goes well these next few days. I'll be thinking about you.

Thank you for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

6 comments:

Courtney said...

Your card is gorgeous! So bright an cheery, and the faux embossing is wonderful!

You are also one blessed lady! Love your RAK! LOL!

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

I love reading your daily blessings:)
your card is gorgeous as usual! I love the colors and that technique looks so fun!

As for you RAK :) I am so glad you got it and like it. You mean a lot to me and I really enjoy your friendship. HUGS!!! !

Anonymous said...

Adela, your card is beautiful! Love how you punched the sentiment into a rectangle!
The RAK you received is too funny.
Hugs and smiles

Katie Cotton said...

you are so sweet! I'm glad you like the goodies... and hopefully you hadnt ordered yourself that new papertrey stamp just yet.

Your cards look awesome!

Deanne Stewart-Mills said...

I love your faux embossed card!!! Wish I had that stamp set now lol.
The "nice rak" card is too funny, and the rak with it is great. You are a lucky lady!
Deanne
xx

Vicki G said...

Love your dry embossing card. The colours are adorable together.