What a busy week I had last week! I had so much paperwork to fill out for both of my girls' school registration; standing in long lines to change classes, buying books, etc... Then shopping for clothes, shoes, supplies... that was another fiasco. At least I was able to get away for the weekend with my husband for our anniversary. It was the first time we left the girls alone by themselves. We stayed overnight in Marina del Rey, a nearby harbor town. It was only for one night, but it was just what I needed -- to enjoy a relaxing dinner overlooking the marina (complete with fireworks!) and to be able to catch a good movie.
The night before I left for the weekend, I made a few Christmas cards. The one above is made with SU!'s new set called Snow Swirled. After stamping the tree image onto Very Vanilla, I attached it to the designer paper from the new Simply Scrappin' Kit, I Wish. I then placed a piece of Vellum card stock over it which I sewed into place. The brad, called Filigree, is also from the new catalog, but instead of using the silver brad in the center, I used a rhinestone brad. I wrapped the prongs of the brad around the ribbon to secure it.
Well, I hope you all had a great weekend and thanks for stopping by!
Monday, August 25, 2008
Happy Monday and Another Christmas Card
at
3:44 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
It is absolutely gorgeous!!! That is an amazing Christmas card! I don't know anyone who would not want to receive one of those in the mail!
I am glad your busy week is over! Man! It sounds stressful .. but the night away was just what you needed. Happy Anniv (late). I will say a prayer that your girls have an amazing and blessed school year.
Oh, what a wonderful way to celebrate your anniversary! And fire works to boot!
I love this card. The ribbon and embellishment are great!
That is a STUNNING card! I love it, it's so elegant looking! I just purchased this stamp set and am looking VERY forward to getting it after seeing your creation!
Hugs~ Kim
Happy Anniversary, and thanks for sharing this GORGEOUS card!! Lovely!!!! Patty
Very creative...I was just saying on another blog I would like to see a user generated site where you could upload your card designs and tell the story to share with the world.
Anyone know of something like this?
Post a Comment