I'VE MOVED... SO, PLEASE JOIN ME AT MY NEW WEBSITE creationsbyar.com ~ Thank you, AR

Sunday, April 20, 2008

SoCal StampMania V

What a fabulous event it was yesterday (April 19) at the SCSM5 in Long Beach! About 117 stampers participated along with the coordinators, Joy, Jami and Emily, and several volunteers. We were privileged to have the very talented Taylor from Taylored Expressions who shared a make-n-take with us. It was stamping, chatting, snacking and winning prizes from noon till 6! I, myself won one of the two SCS t-shirts they were giving away and I also won a stamp set from Heritage Farms! But I think the best part of the day was meeting the people whose faces and names were so familiar to me through SCS and various blogs.

(Pictured above with me is Joy Kennedy. Some people asked her if we were sisters! Coincidentally, her aunt and I used to be roommates years ago, but we just found that out recently. And here's a picture of Joy and Taylor right before my group started Taylor's make-n-take. I'll post a picture of her card tomorrow.)

These are just some of the various door prizes given away throughout the day. The recipient of my Accessory Planter seemed quite thrilled!

This is a partial view of the hall.

Each of us were to design and make our own name tag. This was mine. I used the cardboard backing of one of SUs Simply Scrappin' kit and cut and embossed it with the largest size of the scallop square and scallop oval. I heat embossed with silver EP on two places, added charms, blings and dew drops. After printing my name, I dabbed some VersaMark over it and heat embossed Iridescent Ice EP. I also put acetate over it to protect it.

One of my critics (my daughters) asked if I was going to a wedding! The other one said it looked "weird" and laughed when I proudly said "oh, good!" I just love my personal critics... they don't hold anything back!


And then there was the Italian buffet dinner from 6pm to 9pm...yummy!! About 90 of us met at a nearby restaurant and had a great time rehashing the fun-filled day. Above is a picture of Becky Kwan, me and Trisha Lim. We're smiling because the buffet table was about to open (jk)!

I'll have pictures of some of the projects tomorrow. Thanks for visiting!

3 comments:

Ret said...

Hi Adela,
it sure looks like alot of fun was had by all!!! I love your name tag, it's beautiful. those are dew drops? I've never seen them so rounded..they look like tiny pearls! my dew drops are much flatter. hmmmm! lol maybe someone sat on mine! hehe
looking forward to seeing the cards you made there.
tfs,
Ret
http://www.picturetrail.com/photos/crafty1ret

Anonymous said...

Adela: Sounds like you had a wonderful time. I loved your name tag - Guess some folks just don't know ..... it's all about the bling-and yours was all of that and more. Congrats on your prizes! Were you able to get any projects done during your mania? Thanks for sharing. Kadie

Theresa Tyree said...

What a beautiful trio of Asian women. I love your name tag. It's gorgeous!