Although my day yesterday was fairly quiet, which was how I wanted it to be, both my home and cell phones rang with well wishers (and singers) for my birthday. I also received a beautiful floral arrangement from my brother, his wife and their son from Northern California. But the biggest surprise was when I opened the card from my DH, who is still in NY with our daughter, Chelsea, who is on an 8-day field trip. Inside the card I found 2 tickets to see the one and only Michael Buble
', my most favorite singer of all time! And, he bought seats close to the stage! I am so excited!!! Then, while I was at the post office mailing my swaps (below), my other daughter, Jasmine, baked me a chocolate cake (my favorite!). Shortly after that, my best friend dropped off an Italian dinner for Jasmine and me. I'm constantly amazed at how much I have to be thankful for.
NMBS - No More Bad Swaps
I recently joined a swap group called NMBS and below is my very first swap card that I'm participating in with them. Usually it's all SU products, but for this swap, there were no vendor restrictions.Stamps: Favor It (PTI), Sweet Celebrations (HannaStamps), All Holidays (SU)
Ink: Pitch Black (Adirondack)
Paper: Whisper White, Mellow Moss, Berry Bliss DSP, Soft Sky DSP, Cardboard from any Simply Scrappin' Kit (All SU)
Acc: Taffeta Ribbon (SU), Lace Ribbon (JoAnn's), Sm. Oval Punch, Clear Acetate, Nestabilities, Copic Markers (G99, R29, R43), Mini Glue Dots, Dimensionals, Sewing Machine and White Thread
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Recap and New Card
at
1:12 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





11 comments:
Love the card! Beautiful. Is that stamp looking border a die cut? TFS. Carolyn
couldn't wait till the mail came, so I peeked! this is absolutly lovely! can't wait to see it IRL. Glad you had a day full of surprises. HOw fun!
Gorgeous!! I love the flowers!
Thanks For Sharing Adela! Happy Birthday Plus 1...
The more I see the nestabilities the more I am certain I will invest in them! Such a lovely card.
Fantastic card! Your nestabilities frame looks fantastic. I love the soft colors and the image you chose!
Happy belated birthday!
Hugs and smiles
I love it!
I wish I'd heard of NMBS group before I ventured into the last one......yikes! I havent even seen them yet but the comments are scaring me.
Your card is great. Happy Birthday.
TAnya
This card is stunning - love the way you used your nestabilities to create that window and how you stamped onto the acetate. Anyone would be absolutely thrilled to receive this beautiful card. TFS
Adela....first happy birthday....second this card is gorgeous!!! I have nestabilties but have yet to use them...SCARED to just like when I bought tons of stamps and was afraid to use them....tfs
Oh! Happy, happy birthday!
You are truly one blessed lady!
And, geeze! What a GORGEOUS card! I love how you used your nesties! Gonna have to try that! How on earth did you get them all lined up so great??
Wow, what a beautiful card!
LeAnne
Wow really pretty!! I'd love to get that in a swap.
Post a Comment