I'VE MOVED... SO, PLEASE JOIN ME AT MY NEW WEBSITE creationsbyar.com ~ Thank you, AR

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Forever 29?

I was talking to my niece on the phone yesterday and we happened to be talking about birthdays. She told me that for her birthday invitations last year, she wrote, "Please come to my 2nd Annual 29th Birthday Party." Now how funny is that? This year, her invitations will read "3rd Annual 29th Birthday Party." I never used to care much about age, but now that it's fastly creeping by, I want to be 29 again!!! So if anyone asks me how old I am today, I'll just say I'm 29 and leave it at that! Okay... enough sobbing...

I can't believe how many RAKs I received for my birthday! I feel so very blessed! I had already listed the first two in an earlier post from Angie and Debbie. I received four more, which I'd like to share with you.
This first card is from Lisa of Ohio. Lisa and I are in the same swap group that I recently joined. Lisa, I love the large plastic die cut flower! I've never used one before, but now I'd like to get some (I just heard ca-ching in the distance!) Thank you so much, Lisa. It's beautiful!

This next card is from Jen of Hawaii, my favorite vacation spot! Jen is actually the originator of Jen's Birthday RAK Club. You can't tell from this picture, but the bear has layers with lots of depth. She also included a package of clear stamps. How sweet is she? Thanks so much Jen. You're an "angel."

This card is absolutely adorable! It's from Heather Huggins of Oregon, who's also a member of Jen's RAK Club. Didn't she do such a great job coloring and designing this card? She also enclosed 4 sheets of stamped card stock ready to be colored. Heather, that is so sweet of you. I really appreciate it so much!

Now this card has a lot of work put into it. It's made by Diane Archer of Ohio. I looked through SCS, my phone contact list, email list, Jen's RAK list... but I don't know where she got my address and how she knew that it was my birthday! Diane, if you're reading this, please email me, or know that I so much appreciate this beautiful card and all the hard work you put into making it.

Thank you to all who wished me a happy birthday!

6 comments:

Courtney said...

Wow! You are one blessed 29 year old!

KellyS said...

LOL I am turning the big 30 this year. I feel your pain.

Little C's Creations said...

have a happy day sister!! look at all the goodies you've received!! how fun!!!

big hugs n' aloha,
Jen

Lisa H. said...

Birthday's are so fun, don't get hung up on the number! I'm glad I helped make your day, thanks for posting my card on your blog. Just to enable you a bit more, you can find those transparent flowers at Papertrey Ink, here is the link http://papertreyink.com/emb_sheerblsms.html
Happy Birthday!

Gina Wrona said...

Adela,

HAPPY
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
TO YOU!!!!!!!!

So very sorry I have been behind and meant to send you a BRAK but it's going to be late.......so just act surprised when it gets to you. okay?

Hugs & Mahalo
Gina

Anonymous said...

Adela,
I will be celebrating the 10th anniversary of my 29th birthday later this year?(#38) I just tell people I'm 29 for the 10th time and watch them try to figure it out!!!They usually can't! ;o)

Stampin in the SON! jenni Hogan
smurfette7777@msn.com