A few weeks ago I saw some really cute aluminum tins at Mike's in the dollar bin and knew that one day I would eventually use it...well, today was the day. It stands about 3" tall and maybe 4" across the top. I'm guessing because I have it put away already. I'm going to an event this weekend where everyone attending is supposed to bring a door prize and this is my contribution. I had my door prize ready a long time ago, but it was too wobbly, so I came up with this today. Anyhoo...
I covered the tin with DS paper using sticky tape. Next, I cut a piece of florist foam to put inside the tin to hold the flower stems. To make the flowers, I used SUs flower chipboard and cut out the center the same size as my plastic containers. To cut the center, I used the Crop-a-Dile and punched all the way around until I had the size I needed. I then used Mod Podge to glue the paper to the chipboard. After that dried, I used Crystal Effects to attach the "stem." Fill the containers with little accessories and push it thru the center hole. Tie a bow on the stem, stick the stem into the foam, cover the top with shredded paper or a long piece of ribbon thrown strategically on top, and that's it!
Thanks for visiting!
Thursday, April 17, 2008
Accessory Planter
at
6:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





8 comments:
Oh my goodness, this is just adorable!
Great Idea!!!
Wow Adela ... these are awesome! I love the flowers and what a great idea for the centres - now i need to find me some of these little containers!!
Adela: I wish I weren't going to Milwaukee tomorrow and be able to come to your Mania in California. This door prize is FABULOUS. I'm sure whoever wins it.....WILL FLIP OUT. What a GREAT JOB you did. You are truly one talented Lady! Enjoy your Mania tomorrow. Kadie
Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the GPS, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://gps-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.
this is fantastic! I bet it will be a huge hit!
Thank you. I still have a bunch from Convention and was wondering what I was going to do with them!
Fantastic door prize; wish I had have been the recepiant!
Post a Comment