I'VE MOVED... SO, PLEASE JOIN ME AT MY NEW WEBSITE creationsbyar.com ~ Thank you, AR

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Love My Garden Album

My mother-in-law loves to garden.  She is so proud of her plants and often takes pictures of them.  If you've ever seen her roses, you'll understand why she's very proud of her garden. Because of her age, she's no longer is able to enjoy her favorite past time.  How fortunate that she had taken pictures of her pride and joy.


When the new Hanna Stamps set, I Love My Garden, came out, I knew just what to make with it.  I took a very plain 4x6 photo album, removed the front and back cover inserts and replaced them with a cover decorated with some of the images from the new set.  Like I've mentioned in the past, Hannas always come with several great pieces in a set.  This particular one even comes with a tall trellis and a huge sunflower, among other things.

Here's a little tip when using the Nestability die and you'd like part of the image to stick out like Hanna's hand in the photo.  Trim around the part of the picture that you don't want the die to cut and snip into the image just enough so that when the die is inserted, the part that you don't want cut can be lifted "over" the die (see photo).  Now you can run it through the cutting machine and everything will be trimmed except for the "glove" over the die.

Stamp: I Love My Garden (Hanna Stamps)
Paper: Rose Red, Baja Breeze, White, My Mind's Eye DP
Ink: Pitch Black (Adirondack), Copic Markers
Acc: Nestability Oval and Rectangle Scallop Die, Primas, Dew Drops, Piercing Tool, White Gel Pen (Ranger), Mini Glue Dots, Mini Photo Album (Joann's)


Thanks for visiting....
Adela

6 comments:

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

this album is gorgeous. i just recently saw this set and fell in love with it. It is a great set! Thanks for the nestie help, That is a great tip! I only have a set of scallops a friend got me, but I will remember this!
Just beautiful!

Norine said...

what a great project love it
hugs
Norine

Kim Burmeister said...

Adela, cute card! Thanks for the tip on the nesties. I love how you left her hand out of the ovals. I am going to try that some time. You Rock! Have fun at CHA!

Kim said...

Adela what a gorgeous album for your mom! Thanks so much for the die cutting tip! I am very excited to give this a try! :)
Hugs~ Kim

Anonymous said...

Oh Adela! She's going to love this album! Just the perfect thing for her favorite garden photos. How endearing and thoughtful!

Tracey said...

This is fantastic Adela!! She is going to love this!!