I'VE MOVED... SO, PLEASE JOIN ME AT MY NEW WEBSITE creationsbyar.com ~ Thank you, AR

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

GCD Studios Blog Hop



The very generous GCD Studios has asked the Caardvarks Crew to showcase their new collections in a BIG way, so we are hosting a Three-Day Blog Hop starting today, September 15th to the 17th. Below, I have listed the names and links of each Caardvarks Crew Members' blogs that you can visit the next three days.

I have to say that this was my first time to use GCD Studios paper and embellishments, and let me tell you... they are awesome! The paper is so thick with beautiful designs. Their embellishments coordinate beautifully with the papers.

The cards and project that I've posted today were made using two of their new paper collections: Sunny Days and Cloisonne' along with their matching Die Cut Chipboard, Stickers and Rub Ons.

The Happy Hi card (above) is 5" x 5" and I used both paper collections, Sunny Days and Cloisonne'. I also used the coordinating Die Cut Chipboard. I added a few things from my stash to complete it, like the twill tape ribbon (Wrights), button (SU!) and thread (DMC).

For the Grateful for U card, I used the Sunny Days collection with the coordinating Die Cut Chipboard. From my stash, I added Dew Drops (Robin's Nest).

This next project is a card and envelope organizer. I made this next using the Cloisonne' collection. I also used the coordinating Die Cut Chipboard for the "drawer pull" and the alphabet, along with the label cut-outs which are included in the paper pack. From my stash, I added a Rhinestone Brad and Pretties Flower, both from SU! If you're interested in the template for this organizer, click here for more info.

For a chance to win ALL FOUR new GCD Studios releases, simply hop along each day and comment on the posts. Return to Caardvarks when you're done and leave a comment that you've completed the Hop...we'll choose a random winner from each day on Saturday the 19th so finish hopping by Friday, September 18th at Midnight PST.

Here is the BLOG HOP ORDER:

DAY #1 ~ September 15th
Jenyfur
Lauren
Mel
Lori
Tanis
Adela
GCD Studios Blog

DAY #2 ~ September 16th
Kryssi
Nathalia
Jenn B.
Pamela
Stef
Carrie
GCD Studios Blog

DAY #3 ~ September 17th
Ashley
Lucy
Heidi
Michelle
Jolene
Daniela
GCD Studios Blog

90 comments:

Tanis said...

SO pretty!!!
GREAT combination of papers...and that stationary box ROCKS!

Anonymous said...

Adela, these are SO gorgeous! I love the inked edges and your envelope organizer is a total WOW!

(-: Heidi

StampinCathy said...

Love this project. Great colors and details.

Unknown said...

Great cards and I love the box project. I will be emailing for the directions.
Thanks
Diana

Celeste B. said...

Beautiful creations. I love the card organizer box.

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Great Cards!!!

Amy C said...

What beautiful projects!!

Sue McRae said...

Amazing projects!

Milie said...

Love the colors you used!!!

jan farnworth said...

love all the cheery colors. the pink and reds are just adorable.

Anonymous said...

this hop os sooo much fun. Im so inspired I need to go and create something... now

Melody said...

Great work! I love the card box!

Lucy Abrams said...

These are GORGEOUS - the first one is my fave - stunning!!! And so creative!

Anonymous said...

Great work, so cute. Thanks for sharing.

Linda Brun said...

Love your work. Nice colour comb.

The Grissoms' Page said...

I LOVE the card and envelope organizer!

Sparkplug17 said...

Such darling cards!

JPScraps said...

Love it all! Fantastic work. I'll be emailing you :)

lisa808 said...

Love your card & envelope box! I'll be e-mailing you for the template. tfs

Betty said...

card and envelope organizer is great!

Shauna said...

I really like the Sunny Days collection and the projects you made with those papers!

Unknown said...

beautiful projects.

Jamiecrafts said...

that organizer is so cute, i also love the hi card, how you did the ribon and button also for the dot on the "i" great idea!

Daniela Dobson said...

These are so pretty! Love your color combinations!

Ashley M said...

Fun cards!!!! I LOVE the organizer too! You are so creative!

Marla said...

Awesome cards and I LOVE the organizer!!

Jenyfur said...

That organizer is amazing! Great projects, Adela!

Hilde Aaslund aka Scoobie said...

The organizer is too cute! And I love the striking color combo on the first card. TFS

Chrisd said...

What a great card organizer and those papers are lovely.

Sarah A said...

I love the card and envelope organiser - it is so pretty and stylish!

Sarah x

Unknown said...

Yee-Haw! Here we go!

Tamara
tamara_bennett7@hotmail.com

Dawn T said...

what amazing papers and what you have done is great. Love the card and envelope organiser.

Roger & Lisa said...

love the colors in the grateful for you card
Lisa

Unknown said...

I would love yor envelope organiser!!!

Renee77 said...

Beautiful creations!

Erika M. said...

Absolutely lovely projects!

*Alison* said...

I love how you used the letter to make the candle.. how cute.. hugs
www.stretchnbubbles.blogspot.com

Southern Chic Vintage said...

I love your project. Your colors are beautiful.

Nannette said...

I love the card organizer! I also love the way you used the chipboard letters on the cards! Great work!

Shawna said...

Love, love, love your little organizer! Way cute!

Rachelle said...

Great use of the big chipboard letters. I'm loving all this hopping!

Unknown said...

These cards are great. Awesome job!

jaymack said...

These are just the prettiest papers. I love Sunny Days.

mikki said...

that cloisonne paper is so pretty!
luv ur card and envelope organizer.

mulberry station said...

Great cards. I love the HI card. But all of them are beautiful.

kate blue said...

stationary box is sweet...and yes, gcd papers are great quality; especially in the weight division

Giovana said...

Great creations!! Thanks for the inspiration.
God bless.
Giovana

Tiffany Heilman said...

Love that stationary box! So cute.

Lisa A. said...

Oh, I love the organizer. Very cool.

Lorelei said...

I really like the stationary box and the papers you used to make it. Absolutely fabulous. The "i" in Hi on the first card looks like a candle and I love the idea.

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

These are DIVINE!!! I love the distessing & I only with I could use ribbon like that (it secretly hates me, but it obviously love you! The way you used the bow and the button as the dot on the i TOO brilliant! And that organizer WOWza!!! Who wouldn't want to know more about that template Do you sell it? (hint hint!) ;o)

cal8007 said...

I just love the paper! Beautiful cards.

Carmen

Mel said...

I love the card and envelope organizer...great paper on it...so pretty.

Juliet A said...

That Hi! card is a real eye-popper!

The card and envelope organizer looks complicated - I would love to get one as a gift, but I would be a afraid to try to make it!

Cynthia Baldwin said...

Wow - that card and envie holder knocks my socks off! (if I were wearing socks ;) )
Thanks for sharing your work w/ us!

DonnaMundinger said...

wow what great projects! Love the papers and embellies. xxD

StacyC said...

Beautiful!!!

Maureen said...

Love them all, but that organizer really is to die for!!

wustaz said...

how creative is this!!!

Tasha said...

Wowzer your makes are so beadutiful
love tasha xx

Jana said...

Very beautiful. Love the way you put them all together.

Karen said...

Simply beautiful. I am in love with that card organizer. So sweet of you to share the directions.

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

Great cards and projects, especially the Happy one at the top. So cheerful!

connie said...

Beautiful cards and love the box.

Shauna K said...

so beautiful!! super love the button dot for the "i" in the first card :D great idea!

Beth Norman said...

Your project is darling!!

Lindzie said...

Cute chipboard pieces and great use of them!

Unknown said...

the card and envelope organizer is stunning

Unknown said...

Love the colours... stunning!

Piali said...

great organizer!! love the chipboard letters....awsesome projects.

Teri C said...

Great colors. So pretty!

Laurie Marmon said...

the organizer is fun and very nice! tfs!

Tina said...

Those projects are great! Love the stationary box!!

Anonymous said...

Love all your work!! So beautiful~~

Pamela Smerker said...

Awesome awesome cards...love every one of them! Yummy!

Eva said...

Your projects are just amazing!!!

Hazel said...

Glad I dropped by on the blog hop to see your lovely blog. This crafting is beautiful - particularly like the first card x

Susie Little said...

Gorgeous, love the patterned chipboard!

Anonymous said...

I just LOVE the card organizer box! The colors are so pretty! I always love all your work!
Thanks for sharing!

Diana said...

The organizer is FANTASTIC

cindy said...

Awesome cards! Really great "wow" factor with the chipboard letter accents!

KyJeJe said...

Beautiful colors. Beautiful projects.

blaacraft said...

these are just lovely ;-)

Helen F. said...

Beautiful cards and gorgeous stationery box!

Beverly S. said...

Beautiful papers to work with....great cards.

Kelly Booth said...

Love your creations...just Perfect!!!

cjs said...

Absolutely gorgeous works of art!

Janet said...

I am so loving this hop so far. Your creations are beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Jeri said...

OMG that card and envelope set is fantastic. Great job.

Teri C said...

Gorgeous! Great job!