I'VE MOVED... SO, PLEASE JOIN ME AT MY NEW WEBSITE creationsbyar.com ~ Thank you, AR

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Lacey "Kind Thoughts"

Happy Sunday everyone! Here's a card I made from the Stampin' Up!® set Kind Thoughts. I love this set so much and can't believe I waited this long to use it. I saw this set as very dainty and feminine, so out came my container of lace. Here are a few hints and tips on how I made this card:

I used many types of paper here: regular and textured card stock, designer series paper (Spring Silhouettes), vellum and acetate. The dsp and lace are sewn onto the vanilla card stock. The floral stamp is stamped onto velum paper with Jet Black StazOn and then dry embossed with a stylus. The butterfly is stamped with White StazOn on acetate then I quickly added some Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder to it and applied heat until it began to melt. Don't point the heat at one spot for a long time. Stop right away if the acetate begins to warp. Cut the shape out and cut again from a coordinating card stock. Layer and glue to the front of card. After stamping the sentiment onto the Soft Sky card stock, it just didn't seem to go with the softness of the card. Solution? I placed a layer of vellum on top of the sentiment and that softened it.

Well, I think everything else should be self explanatory. Thanks for visiting!

12 comments:

Ann Kloentrup said...

Words to describe absolutely beautiful, Thanks for Sharing.

~Ann

Anonymous said...

Love this! How did you do the corners?

Anonymous said...

Lovely! So soft....

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful! I love the colors and your layout. I just cut this set out yesterday, so haven't had a chance to use it yet. Thanks for the inspiration.

Anonymous said...

Your card is just beautiful. I never even thought about this set until seeing your card. So glad that it is not retiring. TFS

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

Beautiful!!! It is so soft and feminine. It gives such a peaceful feeling. Thanks for sharing!

retiredheather said...

This is a delightful card. So soft and truely beautiful.

Courtney said...

OMW. I love how you put the sentiment right on the ribbon and tied the ends like that. Just a wonderful card.... as usual!

Anonymous said...

Just gorgeous!! :)

Anonymous said...

You card is BEAUTIFUL!! Love the colors and lace. You have inspired me to drag out my boxes of laces and use them. TFS
~June

Anonymous said...

Very delicate card. Lovely.

Caro's Kaartjes said...

Absolutely adorable!
I love the way you used the acetate.