Stamp: Mikey (Hanna Stamps), Small Letters and Numbers Set(Just Rite)
Paper: Whisper White, Soft Sky, Chocolate Chip, Apricot Appeal, Blue Bayou DSP (All Stampin' Up!®)
Ink: Espresso (Adirondack), Copic Markers
Accessories: Reg. and Lg. Vintage Brads, Chocolate Chip Twill Ribbon, Rectangle Punch, Crop-a-Dile, Tombow Mono Adhesive (Stampin' Up!®), Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders)
I love gadgets! The latest one I purchased is a monogram do-it-yourself kit from JustRite which I can spend hours just playing with. When I ordered the kit, I also added on the Small Letters set and Numbers sets which allows me to put phrases together, like the one I have on the card above. Now, it's quite a tedious task, let me tell you. Those letters are teenie-weenie and patience is a requirement, in my opinion, but well worth having!
The Soft Sky card stock is 5" x 10" with a diagonal pocket when folded. Adhere the DSP. Seal the bottom edge with glue. Attach the small brad to the upper right corner and the large brad to the bottom right corner. Make your label and punch a hole on the lower right side with the rectangle punch. Pass the twill ribbon up through the large brad, down the rectangle punched hole on the label, go along the diagonal edge of the pocket, fold it under the upper left side of the card and attach to the back with double sided tape or sticky tape. Tape down the other end of the twill ribbon under the brad also. Glue down the label so it lays straight. Now, attach the whole layer to a 5-1/4" x 5-1/4" piece of Chocolate Chip card stock. Decorate the front. Here I used Mikey from Hanna Stamps. To make the note card, cut a piece of 3-1/4" Whisper White card stock and glue it onto a piece of 3-3/8" Soft Sky card stock. I used some of the stamps from the Mikey set to decorate it with.
My daughter is planning to put a gift card inside for an indoor go-cart or laser-tag place. He is such a kid at heart!
Thanks for visiting!
Sunday, June 08, 2008
Card for Dad
at
11:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
This is just perfect! I was looking at the calendar today and almost had a heart attack. Next weekend is father's day! akkk!!!
Adela: What a fabulous card you made. I think (?????-typically that I buy stuff I'm not sure I'll ever need-and that's because my DH says I buy it so other women can't have it....teeeeheeeeheeeee) but I believe I purchased this set thinking that it would make a fabulous gift.....uhm...to me-from me maybe. Going to go check it out in my craft room and see if I have this kit. If I do-I'm pretty sure I didn't get the numbers-but you have given me a great idea. Thanks for the lovely post and your amazing blog. Kadie
PS - Please tell Courtney to go ahead and have the nervous breakdown NOW....Father's Day is THIS SUNDAY! :-)
Hello maganda,
I love the card! I don't have any Hanna stamps. I might have to check them out!
I bought my hot knife with a coupon at Mike's but I haven't used it yet. I need to unmount my stamps and transfer them to CD cases! I just have too many!
Are you going to CHA-Chicago??
Great card! Thanks for sharing the JustRite news with all your blogging friends. We have added you to our Google Reader shared ideas on our blog.
Post a Comment