Today is my daughter's Art teacher's birthday. I wanted to make her a personalized stationery set, monogrammed and nothing that would take too long because I needed to make two others in a hurry. She's in her 50's or 60's, so I thought something in the neutral color would be best. Well, when my daughter saw the River Rock set that I had just about finished, she reminded me that her teacher was very "colorful"... I think she used the word "bam!" to describe her personality. So back to the drawing board with brighter colors. That was alright by me because I wanted to make another set in River Rock for one of my carpool moms who sent me flowers the other day.
I used Papertrey Ink's Clear Boxes, which I love, to hold the 10 cards and 10 envelopes.
Four of the cards were simply cuttlebugged using the Swiss Dot folder and scored at the bottom with ScorPal. Monogram and border stamps are from PTI and the sentiments from Hanna Stamps. Ribbons and punches are from SU.
The other side of the clear box shows a flat note card also monogrammed with the same stamps from PTI, using SU papers (Whisper White, So Saffron, Bali Breeze DSP), and Purely Pomegranate Ink.Using mini glue dots, I attached double-stitched ribbon in Purely Pomegranate around the clear box to resemble a shopping bag (long-ways). No need to decorate the box because the cards that show through are pretty enough. I added a coordinating pen, tied it to the strap handle and -- in my daughter's words -- "Bam!" I have a great personalized gift!
Pen: To make a pen coordinate with any stationery or journal, you must start with a pen that has a clear cover and is refillable so that it can be opened. Cut a piece of coordinating designer paper the same length as the visible part of the pen's barrel and just wide enough to go around once inside the pen. Use the stem of a small paint brush or knitting needle to start the "rolling" process. This will make it easier to push the paper through the inside of the pen. After rolling the paper neatly, glide it carefully into the inside of the pen until the clear part is covered by the paper, seal the pen and you're done.
Thanks for visiting!





9 comments:
Gorgeous gifts! (Even in their 50's or 60's, most teachers nowadays are more "bam." I'd go with your daughter on that one. We have to stay colorful to keep up our energy!!!)
Your cards are gorgeous. I'm sure the teacher will love them. Thanks for sharing your wonderful idea. Dannie
Love both of these sets.
TFS,
Charmaine
You just blow my mind with your creativity. These are so cute! I need that monogram set. Really, I do!
Hey, send me your snail mail addy, please!
I love your creations! I just joined Beate's group and i am amazed by all the talent! The 2 sets of stationary sets are gorgeous! I love the "ultimate" gift set you made for your BFF. Your creations are amazing!
TFS - Melinda
I really like the idea of the clear box so your beautifully executed cards and note papers show thru. A "wowser" of a gift!
Nice job! ej
WOW!! You've been creative aain, & very lovely, indeed. The swiss dot folder is so hard to buy, as everyone wants it. Beautiful work; ive yourself a pat on the back for me. I enjoy your blog [one of my favourites,too!]
This is amazing Adele! So elegant!
It's been worth while working so late at night. And no wonder they thought it was store bought, because it's done so neat.
creative greetz,
Caroline
The Netherlands
Wow, these are just beautiful, so elegant. I bet she was sure excited to get these!
Post a Comment