I received an email the other day asking how I embossed only part of the card front with the Cuttlebug. Instead of emailing her the instructions, I thought I would share the instructions with all of you. It really is quite "simple."
Start with a 4-1/4" x 11" card stock, score it in half -- this will be a tall standing card. The red line in the photo above shows where I scored in the middle. Use a Cuttlebug folder that doesn't have a restriction on the direction of design. For example, you wouldn't want "Happy Birthday" to be sideways when the card is tall standing (unless you're planning on making the card to be on it's side). Sandwich the card stock in the folder aligning the scored line with the edge of the folder (see picture above).Layer the Cuttlebug plates as usual: A, B, folder with card stock (place folder sideways), top it with the other B.
Run layers through Cuttlebug.After running the card stock through, remove from the folder and turn it over so that the wrong side is facing up. The next step is optional, especially if you don't have a ScorPal, but it adds a nice touch to the bottom edge.
I scored on the back side right below the embossed design, then scored again 1/4" below that. Repeat again about 3/8" from the bottom edge up and again 1/4" above that. Flip the card stock over and the front of the card should look like the picture below. At this point you can decorate the card as you wish.
With the help of the Cuttlebug the card practically designs itself. A little bit of ribbon, a small sentiment and the card is done! After the embossing was done, I took a piece of Soft Sky ribbon, knotted and attached it between the scored lines. Then I attached a left-over label from a stationery I made a couple weeks ago. And, ta-da...an easy card. The Cuttlebug is well-used around here and I highly recommend it if you don't already have one. It also gets a lot of use after I bought my Nestabilities.
Thanks again for stopping by and have a fabulous weekend!
Friday, May 23, 2008
Partial Embossing with Cuttlebug Tutorial
at
10:59 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
What a great idea, Adela! Thanks for sharing your creativity. The card is GORGEOUS!
Nancy in Indiana
Thanks for sharing! The card is lovely!
You make me want to buy a cuttlebug!
Lovely card!
I wanna try this technique. I think I actually have that very same CB embossing folder. It's sad when you have so much that you can't remember what you have! LOL! Beautiful card!
Hi Adela,
In the meantime I got myself a cuttlebug and yesterday I bought some embossingfolders. So I just had to try out your tutorial. What fun! I made 2 quick cards with great result. I'll show them on my blog later on, because I am off to bed now, since I've been awake most of the night again.
Thanks for this tutorial. I love it!
Post a Comment