I love a lot of things about this card. Not only do I love using lace, dew drops, huge flowers and Berry Bliss paper -- but, nontraditional cards are one of my favorites to make. Although I made this card to be a graduation card, it can be adapted to fit pretty much any occasion.
Stamp: Fundamental Phrases, Serif Type Phrase (Martha Stewart)
Ink: Rose Red
Paper: Whisper White, Rose Red, Berry Bliss DSP
Acc: Small and Regular Oval Punches, Slit Punch, 1/2" Round Punch, 3 For You Punch, Build-a-Brad, 5/8" Regal Rose Grosgrain Ribbon, Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots, Dew Drops, 2" Flower, 1" wide Lace Ribbon, Cuttlebug with Swiss Dot Folder, Sewing Machine with White Thread.
Cut 4-1/4" x 8-1/5" of WW c/s and score at 5-1/2". Cuttlebug the short end up to the scored line. Cut a short "v" approximately 1" deep into the bottom edge.
Cut 2 pieces of 4-1/4" x 4" of Berry Bliss DSP. Take one and score at 1/2" along the 4-1/4" edge. Cut a "v" on the opposite end. Glue the 1/2" scored edge behind the WW c/s. This will be the flap of the card.
Take the other piece and glue to the inside top edge of the WW c/s with the design on the paper matching the design of the flap.
Fold up the scored line on the WW c/s and begin sewing from the bottom side edge and continue sewing all the way around the card to the other side.
Stamp "Congrats" with Rose Red ink on coordinating lighter pink Berry Bliss DSP and punch out with regular size oval punch. Trim off about 1/8" all around. Punch out two small oval rose red c/s and attach them behind the "Congrats" as shown in picture with dimensionals. Attach the whole layer to the lower right bottom of card front with mini glue dots. Add Dew Drops on each side with mini glue dots.
Glue lace ribbon above edge of flap. Punch out 4 small flowers from 3 For You punch with Berry Bliss DSP, set aside. Punch 1" flower or circle with WW c/s, set aside.
Stamp "08" with Rose Red on coordinating lighter pink Berry Bliss DSP and punch out with 1/2" round punch, attach to Build-a-Brad with mini glue dots and cover with the clear round acrylic cover. Slip brad through center of flower and continue to slip through center of card flap just above the lace. To cover the brad clasps on the inside flap of card, use mini glue dots to attach the 1" flower (or circle) and one of the mini flowers previously punched out (see photo above).
For Tag: Cut a piece of Rose Red 3"x 4-1/2" and WW c/s 2-3/4" x 4-1/4". Trim tops of each color to look like a tag. Put a small dab of glue on the center just enough to hold the two pieces together. Using the slit punch, slide all the way in the center of top end and punch through both layers; repeat on the bottom end. Cut a piece of Regal Rose ribbon about 11" long and fold in half. Slip the folded edge through the punched slit from front to back, then through the bottom slit from back to front (see picture). This loop will hold folded up money. Now, take the remaining 3 mini flowers and glue to the top of tag and attach Dew Drops to the center of each with mini glue dots. That's about it, I think.





7 comments:
Hi Ar,
I love this Grad card!! How very clever, it is just so cute! Also, love the way the money is rolled & put in the ribbon. Very adorable.
Ret
www.cardsncraftsbyret.blogspot.com
Wow, this is way cute!
I love the big flower, the dew drops, the colors and the way you rolled the money into the card.
Caroline
http://carooskaartjes.blogspot.com/
So here I am reading, scrolling, and my jaw drops when I see how you've got the money tucked in there.
You just stinkin' amaze me.
How're you feeling?
I love it! Thanks for sharing directions - great job!
This is great! I love the idea for curled up cash. Now I have to borrow your idea and turn it into a boyly graduation card. Thanks for the info!!!
oh its very stunning, love the colours you have used. jo x
how cool and GIRLY this is! VERY cute idea...I have a few graduations coming up in the next few years-can't wait to try this! Thanks for the great instructions...
Post a Comment