This is the card I made using the flower from yesterday's tutorial. The finished size is 5-1/2 x 4-1/4 and opens with a flap. The picture above shows the ribbon going through the slider (just like a belt buckle), but I think the recipient of the card will have too much trouble trying to get it to open. So instead, just put the ribbon through the top hole of the slider. Doing it this way will still hold the flap down and still look good! For this project you'll need the apricot flower from yesterday's tutorial and the following:
Stamps: All Holidays
Paper: Pretty in Pink, Whisper White, Chocolate Chip
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Coluzzle, Old Olive 1/4" Twill Ribbon, Ticket Punch, Small Corner Rounder Punch, Mini Glue Dots, Cuttlebug
Choose a Cuttlebug design folder to use on the 4-3/4" section of the base card.
After scoring 1/2" across top of flap piece, attach the folded 1/2" section behind the upper edge of the 5-1/2" portion of base card. 
TIP: To give a more subtle look on a ticket punch corner, don't insert the card stock corners all the way into the Ticket Punch. In this project, the Ticket Punch seemed too deep for me, so I only slid it in half-way before punching.
Friday, March 28, 2008
My Dear Friend Card & Tutorial
at
8:50 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
what a great card! I still need to try one of these. LOVE your flower (still don't have that flower punch-thanks for sharing the great tutorials)
I just love your take on this card. Those are much better measurements - I will have to use those! And love the flower and the ribbon slide and what not. Your blog is great!!! Thanks for sharing...
I really enjoyed this card. Thank you for sharing with us. You did a good job.
Post a Comment