I'VE MOVED... SO, PLEASE JOIN ME AT MY NEW WEBSITE creationsbyar.com ~ Thank you, AR

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easy 3-Flowers Card

With the girls home for Easter vacation and the appointment for my CT scan hovering over my head, I just couldn't seem to concentrate on making anything. Now with my test over with and after spending the entire day with my girls, I finally made it to my work table. (I just heard the fireworks at Disneyland! I always know when it's 9:35 because of the "boom" from Disneyland's nightly firework show... anyway...)

I wasn't in the mood to do too much stamping, so I took out my ribbons and lace and found a string of pink and green flowers. I bought about a foot of this at JoAnn's Fabric last month thinking I might be able to use it on a card. This was the perfect solution for a day like today... all I had to do was apply mini glue dots to it and BAM! colorful flowers with no stamping! Here is how I did this simple card:

Certainly Celery (5-1/4 x 3): With the 1-1/4 circle punch, punch center of card stock. Punch two more circles, one on each side of the center punch. Trim Celery on long sides so that it measures 2", making sure that the circles are evenly centered.

Whisper White (5-1/4 x 2): I used the scallop scissors to make the scalloped edges. Make scalloped edges on both of the long edges. Cut in half longways so that you now have two pieces with scalloped edges. Glue behind Celery as shown in the picture.

Certainly Celery (5-1/4 x 1 and 5-1/4 x 2): Glue the smaller Celery strip behind the bottom WW scalloped edge so that only 1/2" of Celery is visible. Glue the larger piece of Celery strip behind the top WW scalloped edge so that only 1-1/2" is visible. This piece should now measure 5-1/4 x 4. Attach the whole piece to the Apricot Appeal card stock (5-1/2 x 4-1/4, folded) with several dimensionals on the edges. Attach flowers with mini glue dots in center of each circle.

Stamp "For You" or another sentiment with Rose Red ink on WW and punch out with small oval punch. Punch Rose Red card stock using the large oval punch. Glue "For You" on top of Rose Red oval. Punch a 1/8" hole on left side of oval and slip a 2" strip of Apricot Appeal 1/4" grosgrain ribbon through it. Use brad to hold ribbon in place. Attach to card with dimensionals.

2 comments:

Gina Wrona said...

looks great to me! love the 3 circle illusion.
(((((hugs))))))))
Gina

Donna Baker said...

what a cheerful card! love it (going to have to read back in your posts why you had a CT scan...hope everything's o.k.!)