Pull the bee up and the egg cracks open!
Supplies
Stamps: Merci, Happy Everything, any "Easter" stamp
Paper: Tempting Turquoise (8-1/2x5-1/2); Whisper White (5-1/4x4) plus scraps; Barely Banana Oval (appr. 3x2); DSP Petals & Paisleys (5-1/8x3-7/8); Acetate
Ink: Regal Rose, Black StazOn
Accessories: Stampin' Cosmos Fine Glitter Celery, 2-Way Glue, Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots, Brads, Boho Blossom Punch, Watercolor Pencils, Blender Pens, Rick-Rack Trim
On a 1x1-3/4 piece of Whisper White, stamp with "Easter" with Regal Rose ink making sure it will fit in a 1/2 in. tall space. Place the dimensionals as shown below. Trim "Easter" card as needed.
Next you will need to stamp the "pull tab." Here I used the bee from the Merci SAB set. You can use any other stamp about the same size as this (about 1" sq.). I used purple and yellow watercolor pencils with blender pens to color the bee.
Punch flowers with Boho Blossoms Punch (or use whatever flower you have), place it under each end of the "happy" acetate, punch a hole in the center through all the layers, and put a coordinating color brad through it. When positioning the "bee" acetate BEHIND the "happy" acetate, make sure the bee does not stick out of the paper too much.Making sure that the bee is resting on top of the "happy" acetate, and that the word "Easter" is completely hidden in the bottom egg, tape the acetate with the bee to the "Easter" card. You can put a ruler under the "happy" acetate to show where it needs to be attached. Remove the dimensionals from behind each flower and place back onto the card front aligning it above the ruler. Now, put a dimensional on top of the upper egg on back side and remove adhesive. Remember, DO NOT remove the two backings of the lower dimensionals. Align it over the lower egg in the closed egg position with the bee still resting on top of the "happy" acetate. Now, attach it onto the "bee" acetate.
Glue this layer onto the Whisper White card stock, then, glue the whole thing onto the turquoise card base. All you have to do now is pull the "bee" up and the egg cracks opens!
Thursday, March 20, 2008
Crack That Egg! Tutorial
at
12:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
Adela!! I love this tutorial. I will try it with a different theme. TFS
Adela, this is amazingly clever. Thanks for the step by step. I wish I was getting my stmap club together BEFORE Easter, but we meet next Wednesday... Now I want to see how I can turn this into another occasion - what else wuld slide open like that egg I wonder...
Thanks again - love the idea!
That is the absolute most clever idea ever!! Thank you so much for that tutorial!! I think I will be making these cards for my family for Easter!! You're awesome Adela, thank you for all of your inspiration and your super wonderful blog!!
Lorraine
www.lorrainerowe.blogspot.com
Adela- Your tutorials are wonderfully detailed! Thank you for making it 'easy' to follow. I love this card. You are amazing!
Take care-
Pat
Post a Comment