I'VE MOVED... SO, PLEASE JOIN ME AT MY NEW WEBSITE creationsbyar.com ~ Thank you, AR

Sunday, November 01, 2009

Note Cards and Tag Center



Here's a project I made last week that was supposed to be a mini card holder, but then I decided to add a third compartment to my template and my plan for a simple card holder changed. The third compartment actually fit some of my spools of ribbon perfectly!  So now, it not only holds mini note cards, but gift tags and a spool of ribbon. I call it my Note Card and Tag Center.

The handle ties uses the little leaves and the daisy die cut from.  I found that the hole in the center of the flower was not only convenient, but was big enough to slip a wide ribbon through it.  The ribbon served two purposes: as an embellishment and to hold the handles together. Cut about 9 in. of ribbon, tie a knot in the middle, then pull the two ends of the ribbon through the hole in the center of the flower.The leaves are simply glued on to the back of the flower.  Now you have a pretty tie for the handles.  This design also works well for tags; just cut the ribbon a few inches longer.

The cards are 6" x 6" and folded in half to form a card base.  I just layered some squares of card stock and patterned paper in the center and added a stamped sentiment.  I also embossed one edge with a Cuttlebug border file folder.

The tags are 2-1/4" x 3-3/4" and decorated with scraps of pattern paper and whatever embellishment I had handy.

Template: 3-Pocket Caddy (My Crafts)
Paper: White, So Saffron, Mambo Melon, Sage, Razzle Berry Lemonade DSP
Acc: Prima Flowers for the tags, Martha Stewart Border Punch, Slot Punch, Large Oval Punch, Spellbinders Nestabilities, Dew Drops Mini Buttons, DMC Thread, 5/8" Dotted Grosgrain Ribbon (SU!), Sizzix Dies, Mini Glue Dots, Dimensionals

The label on the box is one I made myself.

5 comments:

Wanda in NC said...

So pretty Adela! Great idea. This year I'm making the SU tag box for a customer who buys cards from me. Maybe next year, I'll order this template from you, to make for her. Great job! tFS

Wendy K. said...

This is beautiful! I love the bright colors.

Dragonlady said...

Hi Adela,

This is so gorgeous and useful. I love the colour combo too.

Hugs Ali x

Caro's Kaartjes said...

Wowie! Great project again Adela!
Love your creative outbursts.

Hugs and smiles,
Caro

Daniela Dobson said...

Love, love this!!!