Happy Friday! With Christmas just around the corner, I wanted to start making cards that were "fast and easy" to create. The tree on the card that I'd like to share with you today is actually quite easy to make and only uses two punches. I made a tutorial with the basic instructions below, it's up to you if you want decorate it as simple or as ornate as you'd like.
For my card above, I used white card stock layered under the green patterned paper to emulate snow. The trunk was hand cut and to give texture to it, I used an embossing folder. The "snow on the ground" is just white card stock which was dry embossed and torn on one edge. I then applied Stickles along the torn edge and also on the tree to give it a glistening look. The sentiment is one I made digitally.
This is the first time I used this technique for making a tree. Let me know if it works for you.
SUPPLIES:
1-3/8" Square Punch
Scalloped Border Punch
Strip of Card Stock 2" Wide
Dimensionals
1. Punch along one of the long edges of card stock using the Scalloped Border punch.

2. Position the scalloped edge in the square punch diagonally as shown in the photo. The first piece will have five scallops.
3. Be sure to check that the card stock is positioned straight.
4. Repeat with the second piece, but with four scallops, not five.

5. Repeat again with the third and last piece. That piece will have three scallops.
6. With the largest piece on the bottom, apply a dimensional on the middle piece along the scalloped edge. Do Not apply dimensionals on the pointy area (pointy area gets glued down).

7. Repeat Step 6 using the smallest piece.
That is how to make a basic 5-4-3 Tree.
Have a wonderful weekend...








6 comments:
Adela, this is so cute! I never thought about using my scallop border punch like this. AWESOME!
Absolutely love your card and this tutorial. I never would have figured this out on my own. Now I have to go make some Christmas trees. Thank you,
Wendy
Great idea Adela - TFS this great technique. Love your festive card too - may have to try this. Got to find me some stickles too, or use some of my fake snow that I have still from when I made some wooden ornaments, with snow on them.
wow Adela, this is wonderful, love the idea! Hugs and happy friday!
wow Adela, this is wonderful, love the idea! Hugs and happy friday!
Your Tri-fold card is fabulous.. take a look how mine come out! ... http://www.craftsforcreativehands.blogspot.com
Thank you for your wonderful blog - it is awesome.
Akela Joy
Post a Comment