I'VE MOVED... SO, PLEASE JOIN ME AT MY NEW WEBSITE creationsbyar.com ~ Thank you, AR

Monday, October 19, 2009

Tri-Fold Card Envelope



This "Tri-Fold Card Envelope" (not sure yet what to call it) fits inside a #6-3/4 business envelope.  It measures 3-1/4" x 6".  The reason I chose this measurement is that I'm almost certain that everyone has this size envelope in their homes. To help keep the flap closed and for decorative purposes, I made a belly band using a 12" long 1/4" ribbon. To make the flower sturdy, I cut two of them out from the flower die.  In the center of the flowers, I punched out two rectangular holes the same width and distance apart as the holes in the buckle hardware. I then wrapped the ribbon around the card, slipped each ends through the holes of the flower and hardware starting from the back and then tied the ends together.

I'm still tweaking the template for this "Tri-Fold Card Envelope," but as soon as I'm finished with it, I will share it with you.


Paper: Suede, Vanilla, Moss, Rose Red, Thoroghly Modern DSP (SU!)
Acc: Label Punch, 1/4" Olive Twill Ribbon, Little Leaves and Flower Burst Sizzix Die
Sentiment: Taylored Expressions

5 comments:

Cami said...

Hi Adela! This is a very pretty tri-fold envelope/card. Love the DPs you used also and how clever of you to punch two rectangular holes so the ribbon can fit through the hardware. Can't wait for your instructions. Thanks for sharing. Cami

Norine said...

what a very pretty tri fold love the colors and design
Hugs
Norine

Linda said...

Hey Girl! Another great creation! Can't wait for the tutorial! Have a great week! Aloha, Linda

MD said...

superbe MD

Sparkplug17 said...

This is so gorgeous! I love that main flower!