Because of my slipped disc, I've been immobile for the last four days. But today, I was craving to create something -- anything! So, instead of laying on the couch all day, I actually sat up for a while and made some Christmas cards... yay!
I showed this card to my girls as soon as I finished it (they're my critics, and they're very honest with their opinions). Right away my ribbon choice was a thumbs down. From what I had available to me at home, it was my first choice, and I liked it... so I kept it. Needless to say, I ended up doing another version below which they really liked! Notice how I downplayed the ribbon on the 2nd card.
Stamp Set: All Holidays, Snow Burst
Paper: Soft Sky Regular and Textured, Whisper White, Brocade Blue, Brocade Blue DSP
Inks: Brocade Blue, Soft Sky, VersaMark
Accessories: Ribbons Original Flirty, Iridescent Ice EP, Heat Tool, 1-1/4" Circle Punch, 1-3/8" Circle Punch, Coluzzle, Sticky Strip, Crystal Effects, Mini Dots, Dimensionals, Beads, Bling, Cuttlebug Machine
Stamp Set: All Holidays, Snow Flurries
Paper: Bravo Burgundy, Blush Blossom, Whisper White
Inks: Bravo Burgundy, Blush Blossom, VersaMark
Accessories: Silver Cord, Iridescent Ice EP, Heat Tool, Ticket Corner Punch, Snow Burst Punch, 1-3/8" Circle Punch, Coluzzle, Sticky Strip, Crystal Effects, Mini Dots, Dimensionals, White Gel Pen, Charms, Bling, Cuttlebug Machine
Sunday, November 25, 2007
Peace, Love, Joy
at
12:30 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
They're both beautiful cards, but I really like the Blue Bayou card best! I am so sorry about your back problem and hope it heals quickly! Stampin' Hugs! Deb
They are both beautiful cards, but I really like the first one the best. I have 2 teenage girls myself and they don't always have the best taste. *wink* This card is stunning. I just got the snowflake folder this past week and haven't had a chance to use it and I have lots of the ribbon as well (hoarded of course) I'll have to case this one for sure.
Blessings,
Renee O. (SCS)
Post a Comment